So where are we?We are at the end of Featherstone Avenue at Kairaki Beach
View Larger Map
Use the buttons or click and hold on the image to zoom in and out and scroll.
What Can The WSPBC Offer You?
Less time on the road: Just a few minutes from Kaiapoi and Rangiora and only 20 minutes from Christchurch.
Ample parking: Plenty of room for parking your boat and trailer and getting the spars up.
Excellent changing facilities: Never again will you put off that shower until you get home.
Plenty of water under the boat: No problems for centreboarders within 2-3 hours either side of high tide.
- Well organised racing: Trained race officers, pre-race briefings, varied courses and computerised race results.
- Exciting racing: Our short course races coupled with good fleets and the regular easterly summer breeze make for close racing in ideal sailing conditions.
- Safety first: The safety of yachties and their craft is paramount....
- Compulsory (but free) annual life jacket testing;
- Racing will be postponed or abandoned if the race officer considers the weather or river conditions to be dangerous;
- At least 2 rescue boats are on the water on race days and the Ashley-Waimak Rescue Lifeboat can be on the scene within minutes if things get out of hand.
- Great spectator views: On race day your friends and family can watch the entire race from the launching area or from the comfort of our upstairs lounge.
- Friendly atmosphere: It's never too much trouble to give you the time of day or advise you on that nagging tuning problem and we'll give you a warm welcome regardless of your age or experience.
- Apres-sail: Join us in the clubrooms for a chat and refreshments after racing and enjoy the vista of the sun setting.
- Boat storage: For a small annual fee you can secure your boat under the clubrooms for a speedy launch and getaway on race day.
- Coaching: In addition to the ongoing informal coaching offered by our assortment of seasoned sailors, each year we offer coaching courses for beginners (from 8 years to much earlier generations) using Club Optimists.